> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Legal Malpractice > Can a lawyer have a client live with him and his wife. providing a free room and board. client cooks for the lawyer.

Can a lawyer have a client live with him and his wife. providing a free room and board. client cooks for the lawyer.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 19th, 2017 on Legal Malpractice - Florida
More details to this question:
The lawyer and his wife take constant supervision of the client. They take client to bars, isolate client from friends and family. Lawyer's spouse is always with client when client's children visit. Lawyer provides money to client's children, even though client's spouse is primary caregiver. Client also suffers from a mood disorder that is untreated. Client is an alcoholic and lawyer fosters drinking.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 21st, 2017 at 5:32 AM

If you aren't the client  - why is any of this your concern, the client is a grown adult and can address any issues as they choose. If you are the client and you don't like the circmstances, as an adult, simply leave a do something different. While the facts are admittedly "odd" if you are a disgruntled "other parent" and the "client" is your ex, you are treading on REALLY thin ice with such an issue. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Legal Malpractice
The vast majority of attorneys act ethically and diligently representing the interests of their clients. But what happens when you hire a lawyer who has a conflict of interest, makes errors in your representation, is negligent or breaches his or her fiduciary duty? In those instances, you may have grounds for a legal malpractice complaint or lawsuit. Law firms that represent the victims of legal malpractice can help you file a complaint with your state's lawyer registration and disciplinary commission, while also filing a civil lawsuit against your former attorney.
Have an Legal Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

359 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

237 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

178 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

113 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

79 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

76 Answers, 30 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

70 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums