> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Legal Malpractice > Can I sue her and which attorney to use?

Can I sue her and which attorney to use?

1 Answers. Asked on Sep 14th, 2017 on Legal Malpractice - New York
More details to this question:
I have a recording where my ex admits that he took ALL the furniture out of the apartment after I left. He framed me that I did it, made a police report and filed for full custody in the Brooklyn Supreme Court. He accused me of stealing furniture and kidnapping our son and he didn't know where we were. The judge got angry and took custody away from me. That is a complete lie as we did speak that same day. I have a recording of him admitting that he paid a neighbor to take out the furniture and that he did it. It was 3 year case and he bribed and threatened all my lawyers. As a result, I have split custody and had to agree to ALL his terms just to settle and close the case I have a recording of also him admitting that the other side (him) paid my attorney to make me sign the stipulation that I agree to split custody and that he took out that furniture. Also can I sue the lawyers and my ex for these illegal acts of lying to the court, bribing my attorney and deceiving the police?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Sep 14th, 2017 at 1:18 PM

Start with an ethics grievance with the Disciplinary Committee of the Brooklyn Bar.  Call the Brooklyn Bar Association and they can help you.

Report Abuse
Legal Malpractice
The vast majority of attorneys act ethically and diligently representing the interests of their clients. But what happens when you hire a lawyer who has a conflict of interest, makes errors in your representation, is negligent or breaches his or her fiduciary duty? In those instances, you may have grounds for a legal malpractice complaint or lawsuit. Law firms that represent the victims of legal malpractice can help you file a complaint with your state's lawyer registration and disciplinary commission, while also filing a civil lawsuit against your former attorney.
Have an Legal Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

87 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums