> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Legal Malpractice > how do I sue a lawyer for malpractice who placed a j judgment against my property .

how do I sue a lawyer for malpractice who placed a j judgment against my property .

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 13th, 2017 on Legal Malpractice - New York
More details to this question:
The attorney did not follow all procedures in his judgement against me. He filed my name and an address for my son without doing any follow ups for this address
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 14th, 2017 at 6:08 AM

Malpractice is a claim that a client has against their own attorney for bad work done for them.  This lawyer is an adversary.  You can make a motion to have the judgment vacated or modified if there is a basis to do so.

Report Abuse
Legal Malpractice
The vast majority of attorneys act ethically and diligently representing the interests of their clients. But what happens when you hire a lawyer who has a conflict of interest, makes errors in your representation, is negligent or breaches his or her fiduciary duty? In those instances, you may have grounds for a legal malpractice complaint or lawsuit. Law firms that represent the victims of legal malpractice can help you file a complaint with your state's lawyer registration and disciplinary commission, while also filing a civil lawsuit against your former attorney.
Have an Legal Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

87 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums