> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Legal Malpractice > my attorney is double billing me and has taken advantage of my funds and has not looked at my best interest, he has let my ex spouse run the show.

my attorney is double billing me and has taken advantage of my funds and has not looked at my best interest, he has let my ex spouse run the show.

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 07th, 2017 on Legal Malpractice - Florida
More details to this question:
what should have been a simple divorce, since i had a simple marriage contract, turned into a nightmare and the attorney I hired told me it was a easy case. I informed him that i had little money and he was referred by a friend he agreed to handle knowing i had no money. Now i have a 180k bill.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 09th, 2017 at 7:42 AM

The ONLY way you have a 180K bill is by your own doing. Plain and simple. Absent a 180K bills arising in a single month where you paid zero attention to what was going on in the case there should havebeen NUMEROUS points where you had the ability to address such charges - especailly when you claim you had "no money" whatever that entails, especially since a lawyer cannot take davantage of funds you claim you dont have. There is something DRAMATICALLY missing here and I would encourage you to hire a lawyer to review the case and find out what is REALLY happening so you can make proper decisions. 

All responses are NOT to be considered legal advice nor to be relied upon in any as such nor to establish any form of attorney/client relationship. Opinions expressed are solely informational and not a substitute for proper legal advice provided by a properly retained after thoroughly researching the issues presented.

Report Abuse
Legal Malpractice
The vast majority of attorneys act ethically and diligently representing the interests of their clients. But what happens when you hire a lawyer who has a conflict of interest, makes errors in your representation, is negligent or breaches his or her fiduciary duty? In those instances, you may have grounds for a legal malpractice complaint or lawsuit. Law firms that represent the victims of legal malpractice can help you file a complaint with your state's lawyer registration and disciplinary commission, while also filing a civil lawsuit against your former attorney.
Have an Legal Malpractice Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

326 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

242 Answers, 45 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

177 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

97 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

87 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

67 Answers, 24 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums