My lawyer failed to communicate with me at all no communication settled my case without my knowledge gave consent to settle my case with prejudice wit

Asked on Aug 26th, 2017 on Legal Malpractice - Wisconsin
More details to this question:
My lawyer accepted my case accepted payment went to my deposition on a sexual assault case against the Milwaukee Police Department the city of Milwaukee and Milwaukee County I no longer heard from him after the deposition he allow my case to be closed out he agreed on a closed with prejudice without my consent or knowledge the state's attorney gave this man extended day after extended date to get documents in interrogatee to Discovery request and he failed to meet any deadlines he didn't turn in any paperwork he avoided me over a whole entire year my federal sexual assault civil rights case was closed out for 10 months before I even knew I need a lawyer to go after him it has all been proven the olr did investigation he has five violations failure to keep me updated failure to get my consent failure to find out if I wanted to proceed failure to turn in documents accepted my money and didn't do any work I need a good lawyer to prove my other case with in a case will have been winnable
Report Abuse
Answered on Aug 27th, 2017 at 11:57 AM
I am sorry to hear what happened to you and the shoddy representation you received from your lawyer. It sounds like you have already filed a grievance with the office of lawyer regulation (OLR). I can't tell from your post if the lawyer has been disciplined in your case or you are commenting about prior discipline they may have received. To pursue your malpractice case, you will need a complete copy of your file from the lawyer. The statute of limitations for pursuing a legal malpractice case on Wisconsin is under contract, and a 6 year statute of limitations to start a lawsuit or otherwise the claim would be forever barred.

David B. Karp Karp & Iancu, S.C. 933 North Mayfair Road #300 Milwaukee, WI 53226 414 453 0800

Report Abuse

Ask a Lawyer

Lawyers from our extensive network are ready to answer your question.

0 out of 150 characters